- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
Once program participants are trained in the field, they collaborate with their host organization and the FSD Site Team to:
- Critically analyze their host organization and its current projects and initiatives
- Conduct a needs assessment to determine the best use of human and financial resources
- Design a work plan that supports the host organization's mission (in some cases, participants write grant proposals to fund their community-driven project work)
- Implement the work plan with community buy-in and direct contribution through labor and/or funding
- Evaluate and document project outcomes
Throughout the collaborative project design, implementation, and evaluation phases, program participants gain the experience needed to work effectively in field.
Click on the links below to read about projects developed in the field by interns and volunteers:
Click here to read our blog.