- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
FSD Site Teams support partners in a variety of ways to ensure long-term development in the communities that we work. Beyond grantmaking and volunteer support, we provide key training to our organizational partners in proven, community-based approaches to sustainable development as well as in general organizational development.
Capacity building areas in which FSD provides training include:
- Asset Based Community Development tools such as Asset Mapping and Capacity Inventories
- Sustainable Project Design and Management
- Technical training in specific development topics (e.g. sustainable agriculture, appropriate technology, microenterprise)
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Community-Based Monitoring & Evaluation
- Intern/Volunteer Management
- Financial Administration
- Strategic Planning
FSD Site Offices are becoming local Resource Centers in community-based development, providing project examples and materials, technical workshops and resources, and even Internet access to our grassroots partners.
FSD Site Teams also support organizations on a one-on–one basis. Our local staff mentor partners to help improve their governance structure and financial systems, to provide staff professional development like computer training, to navigate non-profit regulations to ensure compliance with national and local laws, and to strengthen their outreach and advocacy efforts.