- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
Creating cohesion and empowerment amongst marginalized communities are essential to the well-being of Uganda. By offering many forms of trainings and opportunities for community engagement, FSD is able to mobilize resources into local solutions.
To read about Applied Technology issues in Uganda, click here.
Working together at the community level throughout Jinja and Masaka, FSD supports programs and initiatives that:
- Support the construction of primary schools, water systems, and sewage management. These infrastructure projects reflect community collaboration throughout the planning and building process.
- Create and manage websites for local organizations to support information distribution and awareness building.
- Train community members in areas of technical expertise and capacity building such as income-generating activities, life skills, nutrition, and youth development.
- Expand and enhance workshops, group discussions, and stress relief activities that reduce community conflicts.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, including baseline studies, mid-project research, and impact studies of community-based construction projects.
- Develop radio programs, talk shows, advertising, and public relation programs that promote pressing health, HIV/AIDS, and community development issues.
Read more about Applied Technology programs and opportunities initiated by our Community Partners in Uganda.
For a description of the opportunities available in each development subject addressed by FSD in Uganda, click on the links below:
Click here to return back to the Uganda home page.