- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
The empowerment of marginalized women through education, advocacy of rights, and the creation of vocational opportunities is essential to the sustained growth of the Udaipur and Jodhpur regions.
To read about Gender Equity issues in India, click here.
Interns, volunteers, and donors work with FSD to provide support for gender equity programs that:
- Create village self-help groups in which women independently establish financial institutions that manage profit-making programs.
- Help a Gender Equity Project that provides training for members, holds quarterly meetings, and provides vocational support.
- Educate the public about women's issues to ensure that local women receive equal opportunities and compensation, while promoting gender sensitivity.
- Assist an organization's Community Action for Safe Motherhood Program, which provides training and ongoing technical support to NGOs on community-based information and service for adolescents. This program educates women on primary health issues to combat common health problems. They also work to train traditional birth attendants.
- Assess the success of past women's leadership programs and make suggestions for improvements.
- Assist projects that focus on mobilizing local women to protect natural resources by controlling farmland development, composting, and preserving water.
- Establish workshops that introduce microenterprises to those in tribal communities; help provide skills training to increase levels of employment and reduce migration; and empower women to create their own income-generating activities.
Read more about Gender Equity programs and opportunities initiated by our Community Partners in India.
For a description of the opportunities available in each development subject addressed by FSD in India, click on the links below:
Click here to return back to the India home page.