- Training Programs
- our sites
- our work
- ways to give
- contact us
Thank you for your interest in joining FSD's San Francisco team! Our SF intern program is open to talented, value-aligned students, recent graduates, and transitioning professionals. We are currently accepting applications for our Fall 2015 cohort, with an early orientation on August 10 and a late orientation on September 14.
Positions are unpaid. When credit is available through your university, FSD is happy to assist with any reasonable requests related to obtaining credit. Because we invest significant staff time in in our internship program, we require a weekly time commitment of at least 16 hours over a period of at least three months; applicants who can dedicate more time to FSD are more competitive.
Please read the internship descriptions thoroughly before submitting your application. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to each applicant or to accept phone inquiries about San Francisco placements. You will be contacted only if you are one of the top candidates being considered.
If you are looking for more information on joining FSD's programs abroad, please click here.
SF Office Internships
Programs - Data Management
The FSD Programs Team is seeking a programs intern to support our data management. This internship involves collecting, managing, and analyzing data on our programs in the field. It is a good opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about the "behind-the-scenes" work that goes into international community development.
- Collect and organize data on project results and training program experience surveys
- Input data into Salesforce (online database system)
- Analyze data, creating reports and presenting out as requested
- Good computer skills. Salesforce experience is not required, but intern will be expected to learn it quickly.
- Self-starter who is a team player, able to work independently, asks for support as needed, and is punctual
- Data analysis experience preferred
- Interest in community development preferred
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Your email subject line should be "Data Management Internship - Fall 2015". Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs.
FSD seeks a graphic design intern to assist the marketing and communications department with the development and execution of the marketing plan. This is an ideal position for someone who would like to build on their already impressive design portfolio. The graphic design intern's time will be focused in developing marketing materials used to support the organizational mission. Hours are flexible but 16-24 hours per week and a three to six month commitment is required.
- Designing collateral materials, including: flyers, postcards, brochures, logos, and invitations.
- Creating digital content for fsdinternational.org, social media tools, and e-communication
- Managing aspects of distribution of communication vehicles
- Organizing and continually updating photo library
- Strong graphic design skills required; demonstrated proficiency in Adobe products including Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is a team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Academic background and/or experience in graphic design preferred
- Seeking an individual looking to build on their current portfolio
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject line should be "Graphic Design Internship - Fall 2015". Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs and include a link to your online portfolio.
The FSD Translation Intern (TI), under the supervision of an International Programs Officer and in collaboration with the entire International Programs Team (IPT), will focus on translating written materials between Spanish and English. The TI plays a key role in supporting a dynamic international development organization through facilitating communications, program coordination, and non-profit organization development. Spanish fluency and excellent writing skills in English and Spanish are required. Desired qualifications include university-level training in International Development, International Studies, Translation, or equal experience.
- Assisting FSD staff in translating written documents from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English. Collaborating with the Site Teams to ensure accuracy and relevance of vocabulary and documentation.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Your email subject line should be "Translation Internship - Fall 2015". Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs, along with a 1-page English/Spanish translation example.
Marketing and Outreach
FSD seeks a marketing and outreach intern to assist in the execution and implementation of the organizational marketing and communications plan. The marketing intern assists in all departmental efforts that drive the organizational mission.
- Writing and editing blog posts, social media outreach, and electronic communication
- Coordinating distribution of print collateral
- Working closely with graphic design interns to produce marketing materials
- Managing monthly analytic dashboard reporting
- Researching the competitive set and consistently provide new ideas to our marketing efforts
- Managing FSD online postings
- Developing marketing approaches/strategies to establish new university partnerships
- Utilizing new channels to recruit students to FSD's programs
- Researching upcoming conferences and events at universities
- Strong writing skills required
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Academic background and/or experience in marketing preferred
- Team player, flexible schedule, and punctual
- Demonstrated passion for global engagement programs preferred
- Seeking an individual looking to build on their current portfolio
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject line should be "Marketing and Outreach Internship - Fall 2015". Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate PDFs, along with a writing sample of at least 300 words.
FSD seeks a social media intern to assist in the execution and implementation of the organizational marketing and communications plan. The social media intern assists in all department efforts that drive the organizational mission, with a special emphasis on publicity and relationship building through social media.
- Writing and scheduling regular Facebook and Twitter posts
- Tracking FSD's social media presence and engagement for analysis
- Implementing social media strategies to increase the organization's visibility
- Maintaining a blog for the organization with meaningful and relevant content
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Your email subject line should be "Social Media Internship - Fall 2015". Please include links to three social media accounts you admire, as well as your resume and cover letter (attached as PDFs).